Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Know your connection speed


I often find people unsure of the speed of their connection. This is something that we should not ignore as this knowledge helps us compare between plans. Rather than going by what our ISP says it is better if we double-check the speed ourselves. I use the BSNL Dataone broadband which claim to provide a speed of 256 kbps (kilobits per second) and I have found out for myself that this is true :-) . One can check his connection speed by using a nice tool offered by ZDNetIndia. It tests your connection speed and compares it with standard speeds. Make sure that you check this at different times of the day for the connection may be down at some point of time due to some reason or other. Below I have given a screenshot of the test result of my connection.


Net connection speed test

Green Fingers, one of my loyal visitor has given a link for UK users to know there connection speed :
There is a broadband speed test tool available for UK users at http://www.bt.com/broadband/speedtest

Related Articles :


Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Computer tricks and Internet hacking Copyright © 2011 | THANK YOU | VISIT AGAIN